Friday, May 6, 2011

BPD and other Mental Conditions

Borderline Personality Disorder is commonly found to be co-occurring with other mental disorders. I've been thinking about this lately because I have at least 2 other disorders, Mysophobia and Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD). In trying to write about one condition, I find it almost impossible not to mention the others because the symptoms overlap so much. In some ways, I think the three disorders feed off each other.  I've noticed that when I'm having a bad day with my BPD, the Mysophobia seems that much worse. It's the same way with BPD and OCPD. Go ahead and compare the symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder with the symptoms of Mysophobia. Not try it with OCPD.
Do you see how the symptoms could feed off each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment